John Hancock Life was founded 1862 in Boston, Massachusetts initially as the John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Company and its charter was approved by Massachusetts Governor John A Andrew. John Hancock Life was named after the great "American Patriot and First Signer" John Hancock and is headquartered in Boston since 1862.
From its humble beginnings where it started as a 4 man company, John Hancock Life continues to be a symbol of commitment and integrity. John Hancock Life was acquired by Canadian Insurance giant Manulife Financial in 2004 and continues to operate its headquarters in Boston.
- John Hancock Agent Portal Login.
- Vitality - Rewarding clients for healthy living - See video below
- Term life - Among lowest rates in the industry
- Universal life - #3 producer in USA in 2017
- Indexed universal life
- Variable universal life - #5 producer in USA in 2017
- 401(k) plans - #3 producer in USA in 2017 of all sizes - from 1 worker to largest enterprise
- 401(k) plans of all sizes - from 1 worker to largest enterprise
- Over 60,000 401(k) plans in 50 states - over 3 million participants
- Mutual fund investments
- Closed-end fund investments
- College saving investments - #6 producer in USA in 2017
- Managed account investments
- Retirement portfolio investments
- ESG fund investments
- #10 producer of life insurance in USA in 2017
- Assets under management and administration were
$480.1 billion as of December 31, 2017
- John Hancock’s total premiums and deposits for 2017 were $63 billion
- 10.4 million Americans were serviced by a John Hancock product in 2017
- Asset management growth:. A 5 year AUM CAGR of 22.5%. Industry average is 8.7%
- Outstanding customer service.
John Hancock Life Product Overview:
The list of comprehensive products offered by John Hancock insurance include life insurance, 401 (k) plans, retirement plans, mutual funds, college savings, travel insurance, long term care and annuities. Life insurance policies offer great value for money to help families come to terms with the loss of a loved one. The life insurance portfolios are noted from offering real value at a low cost, death benefit protection and the consistent accumulation of cash value.
John Hancock's Vitality:
Vitality by John Hancock Life is a program designed to give clients points/credits for healthy living. There are four levels, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The more points the client accumulates, the better the level. If we quote gold premiums, the client needs to maintain gold status to keep the premiums at the gold level. If the client doesn’t maintain gold and pays the same premiums, the death benefit will be effected slightly which you can see in the illustration. If the client can maintain gold or platinum, the cost of the LTC rider is reduced to almost nothing.
John Hancock Life gives the client a fit bit to track their progress or they can pay $25.00 and receive an apple watch to track their progress. If the client maintains gold status, the watch only costs them $25.00. If the client does not maintain gold status, they will end up paying retail for the watch over time. In addition, the client can earn half priced Hyatt Hotel rooms, Royal Caribbean Cruises, discounts at Whole Foods and more.
If the client decides they don’t want to be bothered with the Vitality program, we leave the rider off and the policy is slightly more expensive. The client does not get the other benefits of the program and there is no John Hancock Life compensation bonus. However, it’s still a great product that is very popular. John Hancock Life would be the the life insurance that I would sell to my parents.
John Hancock Life Agent Appointment & Contracting Issues
- Requires AML prior to solicitation - see link to AML below in 'sales tools'
- Allows Dual Writing Numbers.
- MT, PA & WI are the only Pre-Appointment States.
- Offers Just-in-Time Appointments except in MT, PA & WI.
- Access to eTicket requires writing # -
- Available in all 50 States!
- No Appointment Fees to Agent.
- John Hancock will hold your Appointment Request for 2 Years.
John Hancock Life is also recognized by all top ratings providers, including a Standard and Poor's rating of AA-, a Fitch rating of AA-.